Hair transplants can be done without shaving. But there are cases where shaving the hair may be necessary before the transplant. There are bonuses and drawbacks to a no-shave hair transplant. If you’re interested in a hair transplant, you need to read this to understand what you should expect from treatment.
No-Shave Hair Transplant: 10 Important Details to Know
Men and women get a hair transplant. But the question is whether it is good to shave the hair before the procedure. There comes a psychological effect when the hair is shaved before transplant. Most patients, may lose focus on the treatment regardless of how much value they’ve attached to it due to the likelihood of losing self-confidence. Let’s find out more about a no-shave hair transplant, as discussed in the following points.
- Does it matter to have the hair shaved for a hair transplant?
The simple answer is no. From the inception of hair transplants till now, most procedures have been carried out without having the hair shaved. However, certain doctors follow the recommendation that a hair transplant without shaving may give a chance to certain symptoms that could breach the surgery or make it unsuccessful after it has been done.
- No-shave hair transplant techniques
Before we discuss this, let’s talk about the forms of hair transplant without shaving and their impact on the surgical procedure. There are 3 forms:
- The transplant area is not shaved: Taken as one of the many functional no-shave hair transplant methods
- Only the donor area is shaved.
- The donor area is not shaved: In this method, a portion of the donor area from the center is done. This way, the hair at the back and top area conceal the shaved area, making it less noticeable.
- Is it possible to transplant hair without shaving?
Naturally, people love hair restoration that doesn’t require that their hair be shaved. In the first place, they have already lost hair, so asking them to shave off the remaining for treatment may not be taken so well. Fortunately, the Choi pens method allows for a no-shave hair transplant.
- Excellent no-shave hair transplant methods
For people who lose a large quantity of hair and need hair restoration of between 3,000 to 4,000 hair follicles, a no-shave hair transplant will not be easy to perform. It can only be done where between 1,000 to 2,800 grafts are needed for a hair transplant.
- Choi pens method of hair transplant
Choi pens are special devices that make hair transplants seamless and straightforward. Designed like a pencil, this device allows for body, hair, scalp and beard transplant. Direct hair transplants can be done with Choi pens. It also permits the correction of previously done transplants.
With this technique, hair implantation in the chosen direction is possible. And it comes with faster recovery times and minimal loss of blood. Eyebrow transplants can be conveniently done with Choi pens. Even beard and moustache hair thickening are simple with Choi pens. Hair follicle extraction with this technology is very functional. The pens remove the hair follicles, which are cooled in a special solution. The same pens will reimplant both the follicles and tissue cells.
- Perks of Choi pen method of hair transplant
Professionals in hair transplants should perform this technique. And here are the benefits of the Choi pen method:
- Less injuries compared to conventional surgical procedures
- Zero pain during the surgery and minimal pain post-surgery
- Patients whose donor area have weak hair follicles can undergo transplant
- Return to routine activities is possible right after the procedure
- Shorter time of recovery
- Affordable cost of hair transplant
- All hair loss patients can undergo this treatment as a skin condition is not a determining factor
- Highly successful operation
- All types of alopecia (hair loss) and baldness can be treated
- Post-surgery hair growth is very normal
- Encourages no-shave hair transplant
With Choi pens, all who need a hair transplant or long hair regrowth can have it without having the bald area shaved. This method also allows for hair boost between transplant areas having light hair. Patients who like faster hair transplants can benefit from Choi pens as their recovery time is shorter than the time conventional hair transplant takes.
- Benefits of shaving the head hair partly
Keeping the patient’s hair the same way it was prior to surgery:
- Quicker time of resuming work or school or normal activities
- Healing takes a shorter time
- No visible scarring on the transplanted area
- Drawbacks of shaving the head hair party
- Only those with long hair are fit for this technique
- Hair follicle quantity to be removed in a single session is restricted
- The procedure has to be done in two sessions spaced by at least 6 months intervals
- Because the donor area (the place where hair follicles are extracted) is small, a professional doctor must perform the work else, there will be a problem afterwards in the donor area.
- This technique of hair transplant is more expensive than others
- Downsides of no-shave hair transplant
So many drawbacks are inherent to a no-shave hair restoration, including:
- The procedure takes more time than procedures involving hair shaving
- To extract hair follicles, the hair from the donor area has to be shortened
- The risk of putting the remaining capillaries in the head in harm’s way resulting from a middle head hair transplant
- It may be difficult to transplant hair follicles to follow the same direction as natural hair
Even without special pens, hair follicles can be extracted; however, the time taken will be more – around 7 to 8 hours, and the maximum number of extracted hair follicles is between 500 to 600.
- Techniques for no-shave hair transplant
There are two techniques that have been used and found functional in hair transplant without shaving:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) method: A common technique that is performed without necessarily shaving the hair. It can be done with shaved or no-shaved hair. This technique involves a phase where incisions (tiny openings) are made with thin-end fine needles, after which the hair follicles are reimplanted in the tiny openings.
- DHI Choi pens technology: Incisions don’t have to be made if this method is to be used. And this is one huge bonus of Choi pen tech. Here, hair follicle extraction and reimplantation are done with the same Choi pens at the same time, with the hair angled to 40 or 45 degrees. And because there are no tiny openings with this method, it aids quicker recovery of the transplanted area. All of these make choi pens method an effective no-shave hair transplant technique.
Leave a Reply