This doctor is engaged in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of a whole range of diseases of the female genitourinary system.
Pathologies with which you should consult a doctor include:
- Bacterial vaginosis. This pathology is a consequence of a violation of the normal microflora of the vagina, it develops for a number of reasons, including not only violations of hormone levels against the background of menopause, pregnancy, or other conditions, but also frequent changes in sexual partners, hypothermia, chronic stress, infections. In the initial stage, vaginosis is asymptomatic. A woman may not pay attention to the fact that the nature and amount of vaginal discharge have changed. The development of vaginosis causes inflammation of the cervix and vaginal walls. These pathologies are already more dangerous and are manifested by vivid symptoms.
- Prolapse of the genitals (their protrusion). This pathology occurs in almost half of women. It can be caused by both birth trauma and the weakening of the tissues that provide support to the pelvic structures. Also, varicose veins, birth defects, excessive joint mobility, etc. lead to the development of pathology. The result of prolapse is that the pelvic organs cannot be fixed in their normal position and fall into the lumen of the vagina. This leads to various complications: prolapse of the uterus, protrusion of the rectum, etc. Some conditions not only cause discomfort to a woman but disrupt her usual lifestyle and significantly worsen her health
- Sexual Disorders
- Sexually transmitted infections
As a rule, a gynecologist directs an appointment with a urologist-gynecologist in cases where a woman needs the help of a narrow specialist.
This doctor deals with the treatment, prevention and diagnosis of disorders of the genitourinary system in children and adolescents. The specialist accepts girls and boys.
Consultation with a urologist is important for children and adolescents suffering from pathologies such as:
- Urinary incontinence
- Acute urethritis
Diseases can be caused by both congenital defects and immaturity of the central nervous system, narrowing of the urethra, stool disorders, narrowing of the foreskin, and other causes.
Pediatric urologists also treat such common pathologies as:
- Pyelonephritis. This pathology is observed mainly in a girl under the age of 5 years. The disease can be acute or chronic
- Glomerulonephritis. This severe disease can be primary or secondary. In the primary course, it is provoked by a violation of the structure of the kidneys, in the secondary – by infectious processes. In pathology, the kidneys are affected, which causes a reduction in urine output, severe edema, and the appearance of blood in the urine.
- Urolithiasis. In children and adolescents, this pathology occurs mainly due to violations of the diet and fluid intake, as well as taking medications without control by a therapist or other specialist. Urolithiasis is one of the most dangerous for young patients, as it can provoke a number of complications.
- hereditary nephropathies. With such pathologies, polycystic kidney disease and other organ anomalies occur.
Important! Pediatric urologists may have the following specializations:
- Urologist-andrologist. Such specialists are engaged in the treatment of various congenital anomalies in boys, dropsy of the testicle, varicocele, hernia, etc.
- Urologist-gynecologist. These doctors treat congenital malformations in girls
- Surgical urologist. These specialists are engaged in the elimination of numerous defects of the reproductive and urinary systems in boys and girls through surgical interventions (including minimally invasive, endoscopic)
In what cases should adults contact a specialist?
An adult needs to see a urologist if:
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Discomfort while urinating
- Foreign discharge during urination (including the appearance of blood in the urine)
- Any change in urine consistency
- urinary retention
It should be understood that an online consultation often does not allow for an accurate diagnosis, since the specialist does not have the results of the examination and diagnosis. Often, to determine the pathology you have, you need to conduct not one, but several examinations. Only in this case, the doctor will make a diagnosis and prescribe adequate treatment.
It is important for men to make an appointment not only for the above common symptoms but also for:
- Pain in the rectum during bowel movements
- Frequent urination
- Burning in the perineum
- Partial or complete decrease in sexual desire
- Prolonged erection at night
- Accelerated ejaculation (including accompanied by discomfort)
- Increased irritability and fatigue
These symptoms usually indicate the presence of prostatitis, but can be symptoms of a number of other diseases. Only a doctor at the reception can accurately determine your diagnosis.
Women are advised to visit a urologist with such frequent symptoms of a number of pathological processes as:
- Frequent urination at night causes frequent waking
- Itching in the perineum
- Pain in the lower abdomen, groin, and lower back
- Urinary incontinence (both permanent and intermittent)
- Plaque on the genitals, any rashes, and neoplasms
If you do not know what the problem is – urological or gynecological, first consult with a therapist. Contact the right specialist.
In what cases it is necessary to consult a doctor with a child?
With a child, you should visit a urologist when:
- Anomalies in the structure of the genital organs
- Presence of discharge from the genitals
- The appearance of a rash on the genitals
- Difficulty urinating
Often a child cannot complain to parents about pain or other symptoms of pathological processes simply because he does not yet speak or cannot accurately formulate his feelings. That is why it is very important to closely monitor the condition of the babies, measure the temperature, feel the tummy, and monitor the regularity of urination, color, and other characteristics of urine.
Benefits of treatment
The possibility of complex and effective treatment of the entire list of diseases. We can undergo therapy for prostatitis, prostate cancer, reduced libido, urolithiasis, etc.
- Highly qualified doctors. for example, is Sergey Vladimirovich Bodunov, a urologist of the highest category with 25 years of experience.
- Comfortable conditions in clinics. A consultation with a urologist in Moscow at MEDSI is always carried out in a calm and relaxed atmosphere. You do not have to worry and worry
- Accurate and operational diagnostic methods. Examination of patients is carried out using ultrasound, computed and magnetic resonance imaging, biopsy, and endoscopy
- Own express laboratory. Research in it can be carried out in the CITO mode (urgently)
- Strict compliance with international treatment protocols. Advanced technologies are applied: fast-track surgery, robotic operations, and all types of laparoscopic interventions
- Availability of urologists, andrologists, sexologists, and other doctors on the staff. This allows specialists to collaborate with each other in order to improve the effectiveness of therapy and develop new methods for the prevention and treatment of various diseases.
- Individual approach. Treatment and prevention programs are compiled on the basis of detailed reports on the patient’s health status
- Provision of a full range of services: doctor’s appointments and research in our own laboratory, preparation for surgery, surgical interventions of varying degrees of complexity, rehabilitation course