Dental health issues are something that most of us face some time or the other over our lifetimes. Earlier, with minimal understanding of the science of dentistry, there weren’t many cures available for complex dental ailments like gum infections, misaligned teeth, or replacement of damaged teeth. But, as technology has advanced, dentistry has gone on to become much more developed, and procedures like Root Canal Treatment, Invisalign, etc. have made our dental woes much easier to deal with. Here, we will take a look into how Invisalign and Root canal treatment helps us in achieving better oral health.
This is a dental orthodontic procedure that refers to the straightening and realignment of teeth without using complex metal braces. These are custom-made braces that are clear and transparent and realign the teeth gradually over time. They do this in a manner much gentler than old-school metal braces. People normally do not prefer hideous metal braces spoiling their smile, and with the help of a good Invisalign dentist in Ottawa, they can achieve this.
These braces are custom-made from BPA-free plastics and are much more convenient than their metal counterparts. Since each Invisalign is uniquely designed, it is a good idea to consult a dentist before going ahead with the procedure. These can be used by people of all age groups and can also come in remedying a bad bite. Any Invisalign dentist in Ottawa will examine and determine whether you need an orthodontic Invisalign treatment or not and proceed accordingly.
Let us take a look at the steps that are involved in an Invisalign procedure
- An Invisalign dentist in Ottawa examines your teeth and approves an orthodontic procedure.
- A 3D model of the teeth and X-rays are done to get the proportions of the teeth. This modeling process can include suggestions and feedback from the patient.
- Once the implants are readied, the patient visits a dentist who attaches and sizes the implant to fit perfectly. Invisalign implants are removable and must be removed while brushing, flossing, etc.
- You will feel your teeth adjusting to the implants gradually over some time as they are tugged into position.
- You mustn’t randomly switch between implants since that may interfere with the healing process.
Now that you have an idea of how implants are used, let us take a brief look at the various advantages they hold over conventional metal braces
- They can be discreetly worn since they are transparent and won’t spoil your smile like a metal brace.
- Invisalign allows for a natural teeth motion, something that is impossible in the case of metal braces.
- They are better for oral health as they can be removed while brushing, thereby preventing the deposit of plaque and other germs.
- They are more comfortable, and easy to use when compared to metal braces since they are custom-made, and can be removed conveniently.
- They help save your time as well since they do not require frequent visits to the dentist, unlike metal braces.
As an aftercare measure, Invisalign dentists in Ottawa may prescribe using a retainer. A retainer holds your teeth in position and prevents them from relapsing into their old shapes. We would like to point out that an orthodontic Invisalign procedure is not painful, although it may cause a tingling sensation sometimes.
Now that we know what an Invisalign procedure is, let us take a look at Root Canal Treatment (RCT), and it can help us in repairing damaged or infected dental roots, and gums.
Root canal treatment in Ottawa
This is an endodontic procedure that is undertaken to remove bacterial growth from an infected root canal, prevent the infection from spreading, and help save the natural tooth.
The procedure of a Root canal treatment goes something like this
- Your dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the gums. This is done to prevent pain.
- Once the aforementioned step is executed, the infected tooth is isolated so maintain a low moisture level during the procedure. This process is known as dental dam placement.
- A small hole is dug in the tooth crown to access the pulp that lies underneath.
- The infected pulp and other blood vessels are removed from underneath the crown.
- Once removed, the canal thus created is cleaned and disinfected.
- Once cleaned, the canals are sealed back with a dental sealant called gutta-percha.
- During this root canal treatment in Ottawa, after the sealing process is done, an artificial crown will be placed to substitute for the infected tooth. These teeth can be custom-made to fit perfectly so that you get the natural bite back.
These are the steps that go into any root canal treatment. We suggest that you consult with your dentist before undergoing a root canal treatment in Ottawa. Many good dentists and clinics can perform this procedure flawlessly and with a quick search online, you will be able to locate them.
As an aftercare measure, you should use an antibacterial mouthwash after a root canal treatment. This procedure is not very painful but may result in a tingling sensation for some time.
It is extremely important to take care of your teeth and maintain proper procedures to keep them in good shape. You should always consult a dentist if you are facing any problems so that they can be cured at the earliest.