There are many points to remember while printing your business cards, but if you’re not careful, you could end up with an amateur look and hinder your chances of establishing yourself as an expert in your field. Follow these dos and don’ts of business card printing and you’ll be sure to look like the expert you are!
What is business card printing?
Business card printing is the process of creating physical business cards that can be used for networking and marketing purposes. The most important thing to remember when printing business cards is to make sure that the design is professional and that the information is accurate. Here are some additional dos and don’ts that you should keep in your mind.
Why you should be aware of business cards
1. Make sure your cards are high quality! This is the first impression potential customers will have of your business, so you want to make sure it’s a good one.
2. Keep your design simple. You don’t want to overwhelm people with too much information or an overly complicated design.
3. Make sure your contact information is easy to find and correct. There’s nothing worse than a typo on a business card!
4. Be creative! Your business card is an opportunity to show off your brand’s personality, so have fun with it!
5. Be mindful of your paper choice. If you’re going for an eco-friendlier option, make sure the paper stock is thick enough that it won’t feel flimsy.
Do’s and don’ts for picking your paper stock
-Do pick a paper stock that is high quality and will make a good impression. -Don’t choose a paper stock that is too thin or flimsy; you want your cards to be durable.
-Do pick a color that compliments your brand. -Don’t choose a color that is too loud or busy; you want your card to be eye-catching, but not overwhelming.
-Do include all the important information on your card. -Don’t forget to include your contact information, website, and social media handles.
-Do get creative with your design. -Don’t make your design too complicated; you want people to be able to understand it at a glance.
-Do have someone proofread your card before you print it.
Deciding on the size of your cards
Business cards come in all shapes and sizes, but for the purposes of this guide, we’ll be talking about the standard 3.5 x 2 size. This is the most common size for business cards, and it’s a good place to start if you’re not sure what size you want.
There are some things to remember when deciding on the size of your cards. First, consider what you’d like to do with this tool called business cards. Do you want to put them in a wallet or card holder? If so, you’ll want to make sure they fit in those spaces. Second, consider the design of your card. Will it be busy or simple? If it’s busy, you might want to go with a smaller size so that your information is easy to read.
Types of finishing options for your cards
When you print business cards, you have a few different finishing options. You can choose to have them glossy, matte, or even with a raised UV coating. Each option has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
-Glossy cards tend to be more eye-catching, but they can also be more difficult to read. If you’re going for a sleek, professional look, though, glossy cards can be a great choice.
-Matte cards are more subdued, but they’re also easier to read. If you want your cards to be both stylish and legible, matte is a good middle ground.
Do’s and don’ts when designing your card
-Do use a professional printing service like Moo or The Print. This will make sure that your cards appear professional and polished.
-Do choose a cardstock that is thick and of good quality. This will make your cards feel more substantial and high-end.
-Do use full bleed printing, which means that your design extends to the edge of the card. This gives your cards a more polished look.
-Don’t use a busy background image or pattern. This could create a problem for your written text to understand.
-Don’t overcrowd your card with too much information. Make sure to include the basics like your name and title, contact details and web address. -Don’t forget to proofread!
When should you use an online designer?
There’s a lot to consider when printing business cards, from the design to the paper stock to the print method. Here are a few dos and don’ts to keep in mind when you’re ready to print your business cards.
Things to consider before ordering your prints
1. Make sure you have a high-quality design. A poorly designed card reflects poorly on your business.
2. Keep it simple. Too much information can be overwhelming and hard to read.
3. Use a professional printer. This will make sure that the card you are using is correctly printed and appear at its best.
4. Be aware of the different types of paper available. Certain businesses are better suited to certain industries than others.
5. Choose the right size for your needs. Standard business cards are 3.5 x 2, but other sizes are available as well.
6. Consider adding special features like raised ink or foil printing to make your cards stand out even more.
7. Make sure you have enough cards!
Tips for choosing the right printing company
This section deals with best Business Card Printing Dubai firm in chronological order:
1. Do your research to make sure you’re working with a reputable printing company. Ask for recommendations from friends or business associates, and read online reviews.
2. Get quotes from multiple companies before making a decision. Make sure to compare apples to apples, and ask about hidden fees or surcharges.
3. Be clear about your budget and what you’re willing to spend on your business cards. Remember that cheaper isn’t always better — focus on quality over quantity.
4. Once you’ve selected a printer, provide them with clear instructions and expectations for your project. The more precise you are the more precise your product will be.
5. Proofread your artwork thoroughly before sending it off to be printed.
Do’s and don’ts when distributing your cards
1. Do use high-quality materials. Your business card is a reflection of your company, so make sure it looks professional by using thick, high-quality paper.
2. Do choose a simple design. A busy or cluttered business card can be off-putting, so keep the design clean and simple.
3. Do include all the important information. Make sure to include your name, title, company name, address, phone number, email address, and website URL.
4. Do get creative with your shape or size. If you want your business card to really stand out, consider making it die-cut or unusually shaped. Just make sure it still fits comfortably in a wallet or business card holder!
5. Don’t forget to proofread.
Leave a Reply